New Vehicles – Platinum Plan – Benefits
With Extra Care Protection, your new Toyota has inflation protected coverage from unexpected mechanical failure, road emergencies and much more. It is the affordable and cost effective way to guarantee your peace of mind and to protect your investment. ECP will enhance the quality experience of owning your new Toyota while helping to provide enhanced resale value in the future.
But my Toyota already has a factory warranty!
Yes, and it’s one of the best! However, ECP offers much more. It can provide you and your Toyota with coverage such as the Oil and Filter Program (First four lubrications only)*, towing, emergency road service, rental assistance, trip interruption assistance, tire road hazard protection and travel planning assistance. It can take over with mechanical protection when your Toyota factory warranty ends providing coverage for up to seven years or 200,000 kilometres.
ECP is Transferable!
Extra Care Protection enhances the resale value of your Toyota. Simply complete, sign and return the transfer form to ECP. There is no extra charge for the transfer!! ECP gives you better value – even when you sell your Toyota. Excluding the Oil and Filter program and the tire road hazard protection plan.
*Plan must be purchased within 31 days of vehicle registration date.
Following are the benefits of the Extra Care Protection Plan:
Your Toyota consists of thousands of moving parts, so it’s nice to know ECP is always there to keep you covered. Your Extra Care Protection plan provides:
- virtually every component is covered. See coverage section for details.
- your choice of terms, with a wide range of kilometre limits to suit your needs and your type of driving needs
- service from any of 1500 Toyota dealers across North America
- peace of mind motoring
Oil and Filter Program (First four lubrications only)
To keep your new vehicle “well oiled” and running smoothly, lubrication intervals are recommended every 6 months or 8,000 km whichever comes first. To take advantage of this benefit however, you must purchase your ECP agreement within 31 days of vehicle registration date. With the Oil & Filter Program, every lubrication includes the following operations:
- replace engine oil and filter
- remove and inspect air filter element
- lubricate locks, latches & hinges
- inspect lights, horn & wipers for proper function
- inspect coolant, brake & washer fluid levels
- inspect tires for damage and wear
Vehicle Rental Assistance
ECP helps get you home even if your vehicle has to stay in the shop overnight due to the failure of a covered component.
- up to $40 a day for a max. of 5 days rental
- additional 5 days if parts are on back-order
- up to $400 rental assistance per occurrence
Emergency Road Services & Towing
Tire Road Hazard Protection
Road Hazard Protection keeps you rolling for up to 36 months/50,000 kms coverage of original tires:
- tire repair or replacement
- 100% reimbursement
- no pro-rated adjustments
- installation and balancing
When you are over 300 km from home, if a covered component fails call the toll-free number. ECP assists with up to $100 a day for 3 days for a maximum of $300 per occurrence.
- alternate transportation
Travel Planning Assistance
Just call our toll-free number and receive your personalized travel planner which includes:
- highlighted road, city and vacation area maps
- tour and accommodation directories
- alternate routes and trip log
- list of Toyota Dealers en route
- a package listing historical sites, attractions and entertainment along the way
Mechanical Breakdown Towing
To your preferred Toyota Dealership within 50 kms or to the nearest Toyota Dealership within 300 kms. Simply dial our toll-free number for assistance 1-888-TOYOTA-8.
- help is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- up to $250 towing per occurrence
To your preferred Toyota Dealership within 50 kms or to the nearest Toyota Dealership within 300 kms. A second tow will be provided, if necessary, from an accident-reporting centre.
- Up to $250 towing per occurrence
Up to $100 each time, for any of these services
- boost a dead battery
- provide key lockout service
- deliver gas if you are stranded
- change a flat tire
- winching from a ditch
Count the ways Extra Care Protection enhances your driving experience
- No deductible
- Genuine Toyota parts
- Factory-trained Toyota technicians
- Assured, worry-free motoring
- Potential higher resale value
- Protects your budget against unexpected expenses
- Protects against the rising cost of vehicle repairs
New Vehicles – Platinum Plan – Coverage
There are only a very few components we don’t cover!
Parts not covered are all glass (including mirrors, heated windshields and rear windows with defroster), fog lamps, lenses, sealed beams, lamps, light bulbs, tires (36/50 only), wheels or wheel studs, trim, seat frames, convertible top, mouldings, weather-strips, bright metal, sheet metal, body parts (including frame), bumpers, upholstery, carpet, paint, brake rotors and drums, brake linings and pads, batteries and cables, distributor cap and rotor, carburetor, manual clutch disc lining, pressure plate and bushings, throw-out bearings, catalytic converter (which may be covered by Emission Control Systems Warranties) and exhaust system, and non-manufacturer installed accessories.
In addition, maintenance services and parts; including all lubricants and filters, belts and hoses, wheel balancing or alignment, any adjustments for air and water leaks, wind noise, squeaks and rattles as well as alignment of bumpers, sheet metal, body parts and glass are not covered.
This page is intended to provide an outline of Toyota Extra Care Protection plans. For detailed information, see your Toyota Dealer. Coverage is based on information available at time of publishing and is subject to change without notice.
New Vehicles – Platinum Plan – Terms
You can select from 12 excellent levels of ECP coverage:
- 48 months or 100,000 km*+
- 48 months or 120,000 km*+
- 48 months or 140,000 km*+
- 60 months or 100,000 km*
- 60 months or 120,000 km*
- 60 months or 160,000 km*
- 72 months or 120,000 km*
- 72 months or 160,000 km*
- 72 months or 200,000 km*
- 84 months or 120,000 km*
- 84 months or 160,000 km*
- 84 months or 200,000 km*
- * Whichever comes first
- + Plans must be purchased within 31 days of vehicle registration.
Ask your Dealer for details regarding a plan that best suits your driving needs.